My name is RJ Walters. I am a prolific blogger. I make no apologies about that. While many are glued to their TVs following the latest sports event I am in no way one of them. Instead I am at my computer blogging. Some say I have a somewhat unique perspective on life and have a talent for talking about it. I humbly think that gift shows up here. I enjoy writing, photography and traveling around the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, so this is what I do. I blog about my experiences in life via words and pictures. I hope you get a little pleasure from browsing these pages.
Now a little personal history:
- Since I am now on Medicare I guess I am officially a senior citizen. The About Life category of this blog is about living in my senior years.
- My wife Yvonne and I live a fairly frugal but fulfilling life. We don’t take extravagant vacations and such but we do frequent road trips every year. Find all that stuff in the Travels category.
- I am an altruist to my soul so volunteering a couple of days a week at a local soup kitchen/ homeless shelter is just what comes naturally. It is where I feel the closest to my Lord Jesus Christ. He told us to live out our faith in our daily lives and that is what I try to do.
- I spent thirty years in the corporate world as an engineer. Half of it as an electrical engineer and the other half as an IT (information technology) guy. So techie things are also part of my life (including these blog sites).
- I enjoy writing. It has always come easily for me throughout my life. I effortlessly got A’s in all my English compositions classes throughout high school and college. I have kept journals most of my life. Some say I have a unique view of the world and the ability to write about it. I hope this shows throughout this blog.
- I am an avid follower of Jesus Christ but I don’t necessarily call myself Christian as I think that word has lost much of its meaning over the years. Maybe I should now be included in the spiritual but not religious category. I try to take Jesus’ words to heart but I don’t particularly align with many of the current day religious establishments. Some have called me an emergent Christian. I don’t know about that quite yet?
- I am a great fan of Will Rogers who was a humorist/author during the 1930s. He is one of my primary heroes in life. He had a unique ability to poke fun at the people of his time (particularly the politicians). I try to emulate his verve in most posts on this blog. Look for that in the Quotes categoryTwo of my other heroes in life are Abraham Lincoln, and Woodrow Wilson. They too show up frequently here.
- Both my wife and I are amateur photographers. Together we have a portfolio of more than 15,000 photos that include our many vacations but also go back to our childhoods. We share those via the A Picture Is column of this blog.
- I am deaf but that is not who I am. It is just an affliction that I must cope with on a daily basis. I went deaf at about forty years of age due to a congenital disease. I share some of those experiences via the About Life category.
- Like all of us, I am a person who is composed of all the experiences of my life. This is what I write about. I like poking fun at people but I always try to treat them with respect while doing it. Unlike so many today I try not to have a mean-spirited bone in my body.