We seem to be a nation that so desperately needs someone that knows something. The problem is that we are looking in the absolutely wrong places.
- We look for someone who agrees with us in our entrenched “principles” instead of someone who will show us a better way.
- We look for someone who can drown us in their insightful rhetoric instead of someone who has actually been there and done that.
- We look for someone who can defeat our enemies instead of someone who can teach us to love each other.
- We look for someone who sees God as we do instead of someone who can show us what God really expects from us.
- We look for someone who will get us out of all our troubles instead of someone who will point out why we have those troubles.
We will never see that someone unless we open our minds to other than our current beliefs and world views. We are the problem we are trying to solve and until we come to realize that we will be forever mired into our current condition….
But I’m just a simple guy so what do I know???