This being April Fool’s Day I thought I would talk a little about politicians….
This is sort of political but not really. It is more in the line with personality types than about politics itself. Again, remember not to take life or this post too serious. I am mainly just poking fun of those who think they are different from us.
I have been thinking lately about the different types of politicians that I have seen in my lifetime and there is one particular type that caught my attention. No I am not talking about Republicans vs. Democrats or Conservatives vs. Liberals. I call the group that is the topic of today’s post the Baby Bush Politicians. No they aren’t all Republicans or even actually even Americans. They are the type of politicians who have certain distinct set of personality characteristics. Here is my list:
1. Smirking — This is the ability of telling someone they are a bastard without actually saying the words.
2. Back slapping — You might call this the “good-old-boy” or maybe the “clubhouse” syndrome. This is where you give people the impression that you are one of them without really considering them to be so.
3. Strutting — This is a manner of presenting yourself as somehow superior to those around you. Of course John Wayne was the essence of this characteristic but all of the selected politicians in my group have a healthy doses of this walk.
4. Bravado — The dictionary calls this a pretentious, swaggering display of courage. Pretentious is the key word for these purposes. That is the feeling of being important.
5. Superiority — These guys just exude superiority. They think they have all life’s answers and the rest of us are just idiots compared to them.
There are a number of politicians that exhibit all of these characteristics but the epitome of them all, at least in my lifetime, seems to be our previous president George W. Bush. That is why his name graces the list. One characteristic I didn’t add is egotist. But of course that describes almost every politician who ever lived so it would not be of any value here.
Here is my list of members with their ratings (1 – 5 stars) in the order of their appearance.
Barack Obama *** Started out as a pretty naive president but has picked up several of these characteristics since then.
George W. Bush ***** Being that the group is named after him it is only appropriate that he get five stars.
Dick Cheney **** The man behind the puppet
Vladimir Putin **** I had to include Mr Putin in this list. I don’t know about the swagger but he has all the other down pat.
Bill Clinton *** Good Old Boy personified
Lyndon B. Johnson ***** The ultimate bully
Herbert Hoover ***
Andrew Jackson -*****
You would think that guys like Ted Cruz would be on the list too but since narcissism is not on the list and he is predominately the epitome of that trait he is not included. You might also wonder why I didn’t include Ronald Reagan on the list. He certainly had many of these characteristics but in reality he was more about standoffish, and folksy than anything else.