This post is based on 14 fears that dominate many in the MAGA version of the GOP. These fears were mostly gathered from a post by John Pavlovitz over at StuffThatNeedsToBeSaid. It is about how fear can totally paralyze a person’s worldview. There are many reasons to be fearful in this world today and these folks seem determined to find all of them even if they are myth. That is what this post is about.
- fear of an angry god dispensing damnation
- fear of Mexicans stealing their jobs
- fear of immigrants overrunning their borders
- fear of refugees families bringing terrorism in a Trojan Horse
- fear of Muslims smuggling in Sharia Law
- fear of Transgender people lurking in bathrooms
- fear of Atheists assailing their freedoms
- fear of brown people brandishing violence
- fear of Hollywood perverting their children
- fear of a Gay Agenda converting their children
- fear of Science disproving their Bible
- fear of Democrats coming for their guns
- fear of the Media fooling them with fake news
- fear of the Devil coming in the form of reporters, professors, lesbians, and Liberals
I can’t imagine living in a world where everything is scary to you. Where you struggle each day to find another way to validate your worldview. I have enough trouble with my primary fear and that is that #CO3 will do something insanely idiotic even for him and cause another world war. If we can just get through the next 14 months that fear will finally be put in the dustbin as most others have been.
Given how the GOP has bent beyond any recognition I see the above list as being the face of the New GOP. Their accumulated terrors have turned them into what they are now which are perpetually petrified human beings whose disfigured, Frankensteined faith has now turned on them.
Will the more sane conservatives be able to do the seeming impossible task of taking their party back to it fiscally conservative root is a long-shot bordering on impossible in my view. It will be interesting to see what Phoenix will try to arise from the ashes of the old GOP, if that is even possible. I kinda have a hope that some other group will come in to fill the vacuum.