Red America & Blue America (after the divorce)..

If you haven’t already read the first two posts in this series I would highly recommend you do that now because this one won’t make much sense if you don’t.

Red & Blue America – Part 1 

Red & Blue America – Part 2

Last time I promised you a settled map of what Red America and Blue America might look like under the “My View of the World” plan. Here it is:

background.png

I know, I know, Blue America kinda looks like a gerrymandered congressional map but it was the best I can do on such short notice.  Maybe if we assigned some committee to study it further they could do better. On second thought “design by committee” would probably take a decade and still be undecided. Since I am the sole proprietor of RJsCorner we will just leave it as it is.

2017-10-02_12-48-33.pngLet’s do some studying on what this means. Starting with the GDP it looks like Blue America will have about 75% of the GDP, leaving Red America with 25%.  Since Red America will likely immediately eliminate taxes, at least on the rich I just don’t know where their funding will come from except maybe borrowing or by printing more money. Blue America on the other hand since there military spending will be aligned with much of the rest of the world will have an abundance of cash for infrastructure improvement and such. It’s not likely they will want to reduce taxes so they will have to look for other opportunities to spend it.

2017-10-01_11-49-28.pngOk, How about population?  The weird map shown to the right here is proportioned by population. I don’t know if you see anything too obvious here but the blue does seem to overwhelm the red. So again,  Blue American even with Florida which RJsPlan gave them will be about twice the size for Red when you consider population. Maybe that is a good thing for them. Except for Florida which they got through trade there just aren’t many people in the red states. Since they will likely shut down social security and all subsidized health care they will probably lose citizens who migrate blue for those things.

Let’s  finish up here by looking at the top priorities of the two countries to see how they might fair.

Red America – I don’t think they will have enough taxes to keep up their military spending without, GOD FORBID, raising taxes. What will they do? They need a BIG army to feel safe especially now since Blue America almost surrounds them.

Blue America – They will quickly turn to a single payer healthcare system that might cost a little more will be much more efficient. Blue America will take their lessons from the successes of the world and not have to reinvent everything themselves.

In the final analysis, I don’t think Red America will be a very good place to live.  But for the most part that won’t be much different from today.  But, at least both red and blue may then be able to get things done that they want.

Red & Blue America is starting to sound like a good idea….

Ok, enough of this silly dreaming for now…. Back to this dark Trumpian world…at least for a little while…