I have to give you a quote from one of my most recent regular reads in the blogsphere. It is from John Pavlovitz. He is a North Carolina pastor who speaks to my heart. Here is the snippet for discussion in Today’s post. It is about a Trumpster who tried to insult him by calling him a beta-male (as opposed to an alpha-male I suppose):
Source: Confessions of a Proud Beta Male
Evidentally #CO3 has been using this term in his rallies/self-adoration sessions. He intends it to be an insult/putdown but it seems that many are now proudly taking up that mantle. I am one of them, I now call myself a Beta-Male.
I guess to him and his base it means that you are not an alpha-male:
- You are not a take-charge guy who has to dominate every situation.
- You are not a guy who proudly boasts of his conquest over others, especially females, and proudly proclaim the things you can do to them with complete immunity.
- You are not a guy who strikes back in anger when you feel even a slight bit challenged.
- You are not a guy thumping your chest and proclaiming yourself superior and vastly more intelligent than others.
- You are not a guy who berates and mocks those you have decided are your enemies.
- You are not a guy who primarily makes decisions with gut feelings as opposed to studying the situation to make an informed choice.
I, like Pastor Pavlovitz, proudly proclaim that I am a beta-male. Thank you #CO3 for painting me as very different from you and so many of your base. I will proudly wear the mantle you perceive as a smear.
I am a proud beta-male
#CO3 = Current Oval Office Occupant