Grover Norquist is predicting that President Obama will be the political target of tea partiers if a deal on averting the “fiscal cliff” fails to materialize.
No this quote from the article is not a joke. But it sure should be. As if the tea partiers will suddenly love the president if he averts the fiscal curb. We will see pigs fly before that group has more than four letter words for our president. Grover seems to want to predict the future and so do I.
- I predict that there will only be a few stale moldy tea bags lying around in the gutters when the next presidential election comes up. The tea party continues to shot themselves in the foot with all their screw-ball candidates and after the mid-term elections they will be toast. How’s that for a prediction? A pipe dream you say? But what is wrong with pipe dreams.
- I predict that Grover will be selling used cars in Las Vegas come 2016. His last gasp will be trying to convince one of the new group of Republicans that he can add value to their campaigns. I predict there will be no takers among the crowed field of 2016 wanna-be’s but maybe I am giving them more intelligence than they deserve?
- I predict that after the 2014 elections the house will have a Democratic majority and the Senate majority will be filibuster proof. This will give President Obama a second change to move common sense legislation through congress.
- I predict that Hillary will start campaigning for 2016 before the end of 2013. She needs something to keep her busy now that she is out of the spotlight.
- I predict that someday we will come to our senses and accept, like the rest of the world, that a single-payer system as the only way out of our ever escalating healthcare costs. There will be some who will not go into medicine because they can no longer get the big big bucks for their time. Let them become lawyers like the rest of that greedy bunch. 🙂
- I predict that 2013 will be the beginning of our nation settling down and moving away from our rigid partisanships. Something dramatic is going to happen to finally bring us to the point.
- I predict that the NRA, or at least their current leadership, will finally be replaced as the representatives of gun owners in the country. They have stubbornly refused even the most lax regulation of this deadly industry and that is insane at best.