I admit up front that for my generation It seems I am just weird. I am the first of the baby boomers and I am now officially a senior citizen. Being a senior citizen I am told by the media that:
- I must fear change when in fact I embrace it.
- I must fear the changing demographics when in fact I celebrate it.
- I must fear immigrants when in fact I am more than happy to see them come.
- I must fear the loss of morality when in fact I see much of that as someone else’ version of morality.
- I must fear a lack of security when in fact I think our obsession for it causes more insecurity.
I guess I am just a weird person who doesn’t fit the mold society is trying to put me in. I continue to have at least some level of optimism about our ability to accept changes and to quit being so fearful about so much.