I have been a regular user of the Firefox web browser for a few years now, but I recently tried Microsoft’s new browser tagged as “Edge”. It finally won me over. I am an Apple guy to my core and Microsoft is considered the enemy to many Apple users, so this was not an easy transition for me. 🥸
I made this switch for several reasons:
- Edge has a version that is tailored to the new Apple M1-Max chip — The browser seems much more responsive than Firefox now. Now that I have a fast fiber optic router, response is more desirable.
- Edge has a cleaner/crisper look
- Edge does a better job of not allowing videos to automatically stream. — All those videos constantly playing around what I am trying to read are ANNOYING!
- Edge is more customizable
- Microsoft isn’t trying to sell me anything, so adding advertiser cookies is not important to them.
- I kinda like the Edge home screen. It gives me, up front, the things I want to see each morning.
I have been trying this new browser for a couple of weeks now, and I am impressed! It does what I want, at the speed I now demand, and it is downright attractive if you ask me.
I will let you know a little secret, that is, if you don’t tell anyone else. 🥸 I have pretty much moved back to many Microsoft apps in recent months. In fact, I now have a yearly subscription to MS Office and use it daily. The Apple equivalents just don’t hack it for me. Once you learn Office, it is hands down superior to most of its competitors, Apple included, at least as apps go. Is it possible to be a Microsoft and an Apple enthusiast at the same time? I am a pragmatist, so I kinda think it is.
Even if you own a Mac like me, you might want to take Edge for a spin…