From a personal standpoint
- My wife and I (and for that matter all seniors) maintain our health in the coming year.
- That I manage to see more of this great country on our vacations this year.
- That my actions live up to my words in being my brother’s keeper
- That I find some good projects this year to keep the boredom down 🙂
- That the words of Will Rogers continues to give me inspiration for this blog
- That I enjoy life to its fullest (at least given the circumstances) in 2012
From a world/political standpoint
With 2012 being a presidential election year I don’t have much hope in accomplishing anything significant in the political arena. But there are some things that we can dream will occur.
- Our current political leaders will not do any permanent damage to our democracy.
- That we move from the edges of our political parties to the center where most of our citizens are.
- If Mr. Obama is re-elected he is spurred to accomplish some of his rhetoric from 2008.
- That negative campaigning in 2012 is toned down at least a slight amount (naive dreaming I’m sure)
- That more Christians get out of their churches and into their communities and be a little more attuned to the words of Jesus about loving each other including the less fortunate among us.
- That Muslims will be a little more attuned to Allah’s love instead of the hate at the fringes of their religion.
- That we inch just a little closer to providing healthcare for all in this country, much like it is in the rest of the developed world.
- That the homeless shelter/soup kitchen where I volunteer manages to get enough donations to stay afloat for another year.
- That we don’t poke our noses into other countries business this year.
- That we can become a little less dependent on foreign oil, or any non-renewable resource for that matter. It is time to replace the century old internal combustion engine technology with something greener.
Happy New Years everyone….