First, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. My wife and I are, as usual lately, spending Thanksgiving alone but I know many of you are heading out to a large family dinner. I hope you get through it without any every dividing political discussions. 😏
Even though we don’t officially celebrate this holiday doesn’t mean that I am not thankful for what the Lord has given me. Here is my list.
- I am thankful for my wife of almost 34 years. She has supported me in ways I couldn’t have imagined.
- I am thankful that I am in good health, at least for a septuagenarian. I just had my three-year echo stress test last week and passed it with flying colors.
- I am thankful for all my followers here at RJsCorner. You, taking the time to be part of my life to see what I have to say means much to me.
- I am thankful for getting three-fourths of the way through #CO3’s term without a national tragedy. I pray that we make it the rest of the way whether it is a couple of months or, dreadfully, a full year.
- In the past I spent ten years celebrating Thanksgiving by preparing the annual meal at a local soup kitchen. I miss all of my friends there but am very thankful for having them in my life.
- I am thankful for all my uRV trips of 2019 and am prayerfully hoping I have at least one more year of being able to travel on my own.
- As I do every day, I am thankful for the good day the Lord gave me yesterday and ask him to give me another one today.