I am not going to make out a numbered list of things I hope to accomplish in this new year as those lists seem to quickly get lost in the spin of life. But there are some high level topics to be considered:
- I need to resolve to not get upset about what happens in the political world this coming year and to especially ignore the everyday things from inside the beltway. My time at the back end of life is just too precious to get upset about all that garbage. I especially want to ignore as much as possible the insanity that is sure to ensue in the Oval Office.
- I need to spend more time here at RJsCorner on creative things. I don’t really know if you my readers are interested in that sort of thing but that seems to be where life wants to take me this year. I am thinking of dabbling in poetry and such. I have never done that but have always wanted to try my hand. Maybe not so much poetry as verse. The early songs of Bob Dylan still ring in my now deaf ears and I kind of think I have some of those types of words tangled up in my brain that need to come out.
- I need to spend more time putting together picture galleries of my travels “In Search Of America”. I have thousands of pictures that need to be in the ether of the blog world. Maybe some day long after I am gone some high schooler will browse across them and find exactly what she needs to finish out her report on an historical event of past ages. They need to be out there as part of my legacy to the future. I sure do have a high opinion of myself don’t I?? 🙂
- For the same legacy purposes (ha) I need to spend more time blogging about my personal experiences in life and the lessons I learned from them. Someone might actually find them helpful in their travels. Who knows?
- I vow to live each day as if it were my last. Who know when that actual day will come.
- I vow to not sweat the small stuff and its all small stuff as Richard Carlson says.
- I vow to be a little more eccentric this year than last. It just makes life more interesting in my senior years.
- Finally I vow to concentrate on being happy and stomping out depression before it grabs hold of me as it so often has in the past..
I wish all of you a happy and prosperous New Years.
Remember that the future is what happens while you are planning for something else. Don’t let it slip away…