As mentioned in the previous post in this series, I have discovered the hard way that happiness can never happen when you become fixated on your unhappiness. I think this post will be the end of this series, as I am becoming happier each day now. So, what have I learned.
- Happiness is a state of mind, not a destination
- Until you lose your focus on being unhappy, happiness will never happen
- What you do and especially think about daily has much to do with how happy you are
- Happiness is a balancing act
- Happiness is doing what makes you feel good
- Happiness is enjoying each moment
- Happiness isn’t about things
- Happiness is a state of mind, not a condition of being
If I had to decide what the most important thing as to why I am happier now than when I started this series, it would be:
Happiness is about removing things from your life that makes you worry, especially things that you can’t do anything about.RJ Walters
When I was a young whippersnapper, I read every issue of Alfred’s magazine. So, maybe I just had to go back to my youth to understand what happiness is all about. Forget Socrates, Einstein, and the rest, Alfred taught me about happiness years ago. I just let all the stuff that has happened since drown out that message.🥸
Isn’t it interesting to know that even in 1956 as shown on the cover of Mad magazine, the Republicans and Democrats were going at each other. I really wasn’t aware of that then, and I hope to forget about all that negative stuff going on now.