While this question is maybe not be directly associated with my RetComLife, it is central to where and how I live the remainder of my life. So, I think it deserves your attention in this category.
Given my recent experiences, I now realize I don’t want to waste a minute of the time I have left on this earth. My procrastination time is quickly disappearing. So, I must stop one more time and try to seriously answer my question about what I really want to do once and for all.
I have been asking this question my whole life it seems, but, at the same time, it is a question I have really never seriously tried to answer? The death of my spouse makes this question more immediate now. I have seen death up close and personal. For the first time, I watched a person take that final breath, and then she was gone, and I realized that I will do the same sometime in the not too distant future.
What do I want to do with the rest of my life?
If I don’t answer it now, I will likely go to my deathbed with that question still on my lips. I don’t know why I have been unable to accomplish that? Maybe it is just easier to lie back and let things happen than it is to jump into action and do something. Right now, I know more what I DON’T want than what I do.
- I don’t want to become a couch potato who lives my life in front of a TV.
- I don’t want to give up dreaming, EVER, but I must realize that dreaming without action is useless.
- I don’t want to avoid doing things just because they might have some undesirable consequences. I have already missed out on too much of life with that excuse.
- I don’t want to be so cautious, during these COVID times, that I miss out on experiences I could have otherwise enjoyed. I have to start living some of my dreams, even if it now includes a mask. I just can’t wait.
- I don’t want to procrastinate any longer. I am just tired of doing that!
Sometime soon, very soon
I commit to generating a list of “Do’s”.
I commit to getting off my butt and doing more.
I commit to having a happy life, it’s as simple as that.